Thank you for your interest in Salisbury Academy for the 2017-2018 school year. To be eligible for consideration for tuition assistance, you must complete an application through our third-party vendor, FAST, by March 31, 2017. We will communicate decisions about tuition assistance as soon as possible once all materials have been received.
In order for us to allocate our resources wisely and fairly, we have enlisted the help of Independent School Management's FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) program. ISM's FAST does not decide whether tuition assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based aid analysis service. FAST provides the school with a report which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Applications are reviewed by the confidential Tuition Assistance Committee and the committee recommends to the Head of School allocation of tuition assistance resources for the next year. Upon approval by the Head of School, tuition assistance offers are sent to families.
Procedures for Parents:
1. Parents are asked to access the FAST Program website specifically for Salisbury Academy applicants. A link is available on this page (above - click the logo to the right). Once there, click the Get Started button at the bottom of the first page. All your financial information should be entered directly through the secure server. Space is also provided to fill out additional information that may be pertinent to your application. In addition, a copy of your most recent tax return should be mailed directly to FAST. Envelopes are available in the Business Office.
2. There will be a fee of $43 required to process this application. Once completed, the application will be available immediately for the Tuition Assistance Committee’s review. You may be contacted by the Business Office if additional information is needed.
Procedures for Salisbury Academy:
1. Once the application is entered and all required tax documents have been submitted directly to FAST, the Tuition Assistance Committee can access your application.
2. Salisbury Academy's Tuition Assistance Committee then meets to review each family’s completed online application. The Board of Trustees allocates a certain amount of total assistance to the committee and gives guidelines about how this should be divided between returning and new students.
3. The Tuition Assistance Committee recommends to the Head of School allocation of tuition assistance resources for the next year. Upon approval by the Head of School, tuition assistance offers are sent to families.
It is Salisbury Academy’s policy to extend tuition assistance offers only to those families that have returned a completed enrollment contract with deposit and submitted an application including all required documents. Families may contact Salisbury Academy’s Business Manager to request an extension of time, but these cannot always be granted.
Tuition Assistance Deadlines
The deadlines for applying for tuition assistance for the 2017–2018 school year are as follows:
March 31, 2017 -- current Salisbury Academy families for returning students
May 1, 2017 -- new applicants enrolling in Jr. Kindergarten – 8th grade